A “Whole System Approach” is a clinical researched research model that helps women to get pregnant. A Whole Systems Approach includes using acupuncture, diet, lifestyle and nutrients (vitamins) to support getting pregnant. Studies show better outcomes of (pregnancy rates) and live births when multiple modalities are combined with acupuncture compared to acupuncture alone for women who are undergoing in-vitro fertilization (IVF). Even if you are not doing IVF, researchers believe that the same model works effectively in preparing for pregnancy naturally. To create the best chances for a healthy pregnancy, researchers recommend the following:
- Fertility Acupuncture weekly for 9-12 weeks
- Chinese herbal medicine individualized to the patient
- Nutritional support and healthy lifestyle routines
- Supplements, such as, CoQ10 to increase cellular energy and inositol especially in PCOS
- Stress management techniques, such as, medication, yoga, deep breathing
If you’re just taking a prenatal or only doing acupuncture, think about making changes in all the areas mentioned to increase your success in getting pregnant. Your body has the ability to conceive if it has the right support.